Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Oh, it's you. Welcome to the show.


Just crooked enough, I like to say. Slanty window covers, wavy lines, and crooked furrows. Perfectly straight is creepy, man. UnNatural. Farming is real, to me(understand this is all about me) when I am down in the dirt doing my level best to get the job done. I am always making a hard, honest go of it. To make it all just crooked enough.

A few other catch phases the Farmer and I throw around regular come to mind presently. Heck, they might be motto's, or mantras, words to live by, and plain old good ideas:

"That's Farming." "Quick and dirty." "Temporary permanence."

Pretty much these three phrases can be said all together as one. Add a little crooked-ness, and well, you got yourself a Farmer, his helper, and Laughing Duck Farm...

Now listen. We are not crooks, lawless swindlers hurting the populace. No. Quite the opposite. We do CSA; Community Supported Agriculture. Which means it is pert near impossible for us to hurt folks. We grow food for people. And there ain't nothing bad or wrong with that! Statistically speaking, the greatest, most helpful low- impact thing a body can do is, Grow Food!! So just to aid in clarification and relieve some snarky tendencies, look here and groove on the likes of curved, bent, and lopsided, and never mind the negative definitions.

(And yes, I made up the whole statistically speaking thing. And no, the photo is not of the darling LDF. Merely the winner of a random pick from google images)


No comments:

Post a Comment