Friday, January 29, 2010

Is it really 6 to 8 weeks before last frost, already?


HA! Look at that photo: Not crooked enough for me!

We did some sowing today, tobesure. Wonderful to sow seeds, directly into the ground, on 29 January. Right into the soil of the cold frame, hoop house, where the ground temp is 50degrees. We have been starting flats of the earliest stuff too, like broccoli.

This particular flat of broccoli seed was supposed to be put in the house on the heat mat under some grow lamps before the end of the work day. However, at this writing I am remembering that I forgot to put it inside. It must be sitting on the concrete pad near the shop, where I set this afternoon. Oops. Now I can only hope the rain that is falling is not too strong where as it washes the soil and seed from the tray...

No comments:

Post a Comment