Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sun Shine on a Cloudless Day

I don't know if you can smell the sun shine, but I can. I can breathe soo deep my whole body is energized, warmed and refreshed. The past two days have been near perfect in the amount of sun, slight breeze and temperature. If today wasn't 18 February I would have thought it was mid-spring.

And mid-spring gets the Farmer jumping. Jumping the gun it would appear. See, on a day like today, or yesterday, and if the forecast can be believed, like tomorrow, one can get the itch to start Ground work. But just take a short walk in the field and one can fast see that we are easily fooled or drawn to the Siren's song. I mean it is SQUISHY out there, people. The ground is gurgling and sloshing. Reality lets us know that tilling and driving the tractor into the field is still Weeks away. Oh, well. It is not to wet to start or rather continue sowing seeds indoors.

These glorious sun dipped days will never grow tiring or unwelcome. I never get bored with The Weather. I am ever thankful for variety in the region's climate. No hum-drum boring old Southern California post-card carbon copy days. And, ha, no overly outrageous real estate prices to go along with it!

Good Earth! Good Sun! Good Food!!

No comments:

Post a Comment